Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
JDS

Default Total newbie wants a little tree!

OK - So I like 'em, I can't help it.

I'm not sure I want to get way into the hobby of growing, etc. But perhaps
buy 1 already "grown" and take care of it. I like the little "trained"
Junipers, in neat little pots. I had a friend a LONG time ago that told me
about trimming roots, etc. but of course I really don't recall much of the
detail.

How about some recommendations? What/where to buy? ABC on how to care?
Etc.

By the way I live in an apartment with a southern exposure - sliding
window/door to a southern deck.

Thanks!

JDS

Old 09-05-2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Seahag

"JDS" wrote:
OK - So I like 'em, I can't help it.

I'm not sure I want to get way into the hobby of growing,
etc. But perhaps buy 1 already "grown" and take care of
it. I like the little "trained" Junipers, in neat little
pots. I had a friend a LONG time ago that told me about
trimming roots, etc. but of course I really don't recall
much of the detail.

How about some recommendations? What/where to buy? ABC on
how to care? Etc.

By the way I live in an apartment with a southern
exposure - sliding window/door to a southern deck.

I just bought a little semi "trained" juniper at a local
nursery. I also went to a bookstore and bought a Bonsai
guide book.
There are tons of sites on the web, try typing "Bonsai care"
in your search window. My tree was in regular potting soil
and the rocks were glued together so I re-potted it right
off. It's been a week and the tree looks well. I'll start
pruining it a little later this week!

Seahag