GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help needed: sick wisteria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/149144-help-needed-sick-wisteria.html)

pimpa 28-08-2006 02:57 PM

help needed: sick wisteria

My wisteria is sick, I guess.
I planted it some 3 years ago, froma seed. it's now more than 2 mt.
tall. but in the last few months its leaves have been getting paler and
paler, some have brown dots on it and others are drying.
I don't knoe what to do.
I changed vase, put it in a bigger one, but still the leaves look the
same.
Help!!!!
anna

mor 30-12-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpa (Post 662826)
My wisteria is sick, I guess.
I planted it some 3 years ago, froma seed. it's now more than 2 mt.
tall. but in the last few months its leaves have been getting paler and
paler, some have brown dots on it and others are drying.
I don't knoe what to do.
I changed vase, put it in a bigger one, but still the leaves look the
same.
Help!!!!
anna

hi
What l know is Wisteria needs dedicated pruning twice a year to keep the vine and display in tip top condition. The first of these sessions should be carried out in early Spring before the flower buds grow too much, when they are easily damaged.

The main purpose of this pruning is to regain control of the plant which has probably grown a bit untidy during the previous Summer. If the vine is well established, it should have large numbers of flowering spurs like the picture on the right. The fat flower buds are clearly visible and care is needed not to knock these while at work.
can you tell us how you have been handling it

3388 17-03-2008 12:43 PM

so you can try the upstair's advice