GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Forsythia collecting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/15008-%5Bibc%5D-forsythia-collecting.html)

audgen 15-04-2003 08:32 AM

[IBC] Forsythia collecting

Hello,
I've recently been noticing a very nice Forsythia that I would like to collect. It's been in flower for about two weeks and I'm wondering when the next best possible time of year would be for collecting it. Can I collect it after it's finished blooming,
or do I really need to wait till next fall/winter?
It looks pretty old. Clumpish with very interesting trunks. I've read about some of Forsythia's shortcomings as bonsai but I think this one's trunk is interesting enough to give it a go.

Thanks for any help!
Audgen (zone 7) S.E. TN

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++