Old 08-03-2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default First Bonsai

Will try transplanting my little Juniper tomorrow. Pics will be on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. Wish me luck! ;-)

~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com
Old 24-03-2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Nick,

Good luck. I got a "bonsai kit" as a gift recently and am starting the
seeds (jack pine). If you google around there seem to be a lot of helpful
sites.

Dave M.

Old 25-03-2007, 05:53 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

"David Martel" wrote:
Nick,

Good luck. I got a "bonsai kit" as a gift recently and am starting the
seeds (jack pine). If you google around there seem to be a lot of helpful
sites.

Thanks, Dave. I transplanted it and have been careful about not
overwatering. Haven't killed it yet. I'm seeing new growth on it, so next
week I'll be pinching off some leaves (or whatever Juniper have). Good luck
with your jack pine!

~Semper Fi~
Old 27-03-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

On Mar 24, 10:53 pm, Nick Cramer wrote:

Thanks, Dave. I transplanted it and have been careful about not
overwatering. Haven't killed it yet. I'm seeing new growth on it, so next
week I'll be pinching off some leaves (or whatever Juniper have). Good luck
with your jack pine!

Be aware that contact with juniper foliage (yes, they are leaves) can
be very irritating to the skin. I wear cotton work gloves when
shaping my junipers.

J. Del Col

Old 28-03-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

"jadel" wrote:
On Mar 24, 10:53 pm, Nick Cramer wrote:

Thanks, Dave. I transplanted it and have been careful about not
overwatering. Haven't killed it yet. I'm seeing new growth on it, so
next week I'll be pinching off some leaves (or whatever Juniper have).
Good luck with your jack pine!

Be aware that contact with juniper foliage (yes, they are leaves) can
be very irritating to the skin. I wear cotton work gloves when
shaping my junipers.

Thanks, J. I don't seem to have any reaction to it (yet). Getting some nice
new leaves on it since I transplanted it and will let it bush out a bit
before nipping. Pic soon at alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

~Semper Fi~