Old 08-04-2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default first bansai advice please

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a bansai tree, but I dont know what sort to get. My
house has a south facing garden (in the uk) so the back of the house gets
sunshine. we're in a hard water area, so should I use bottled water to water
it? Many thanks.

--
Cheers

Paul watt
http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
http://www.amnesty.org

Old 14-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watt View Post
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a bansai tree, but I dont know what sort to get. My
house has a south facing garden (in the uk) so the back of the house gets
sunshine. we're in a hard water area, so should I use bottled water to water
it? Many thanks.

--
Cheers

Paul watt
http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
http://www.amnesty.org
I to have a south facing garden and have a japanese maple growing happly in it it has been growing for four years and is turning into a wonderful bonsai, as for hard warter dont worry to much i to live in a hard water area and i mist the maple leaves and it ha not done them any harm.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered User

I'd be more worried about chlorine than water hardness
__________________
My favorite bonsai supplier
Old 24-11-2007, 07:57 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
I'd be more worried about chlorine than water hardness
japanese maple

First lawn, first post. In need of advice.... TeaBag Lawns 21 07-06-2013 08:35 AM
First first early spuds Peter Robinson United Kingdom 12 25-05-2007 08:13 PM
First bloom of first orchid davegb Orchids 14 29-01-2005 08:07 PM
bansai help badly Got2Drink Bonsai 0 11-07-2003 01:24 AM
my first pond and other first pond Scott Vande Krol Ponds 7 29-06-2003 07:08 PM