Old 15-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered User

Location: England
Post Serissa Foetida, Branch Dieback

Hi everyone!, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on my Serissa Foetida?. I have had it for about 12 Months, and I have been keeping it in a west facing window, until the leaves started becoming yellow and dropping off. I presumed this was because of the cold temperature as I live in the north west of England. Then I moved it into my bedroom under a 1000 lux Growlamp, to see if it would recover, which it has not yet. So one side of my serissa is completely bare , without any leaves or growth. I was wondering if serissas are prone to branch dieback, and is there anything that would resolve this problem.

Thanks for your help
Old 15-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered User

Location: England
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevos View Post
Hi everyone!, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on my Serissa Foetida?. I have had it for about 12 Months, and I have been keeping it in a west facing window, until the leaves started becoming yellow and dropping off. I presumed this was because of the cold temperature as I live in the north west of England. Then I moved it into my bedroom under a 1000 lux Growlamp, to see if it would recover, which it has not yet. So one side of my serissa is completely bare , without any leaves or growth. I was wondering if serissas are prone to branch dieback, and is there anything that would resolve this problem.

Thanks for your help
has anyone got any suggestions?
Old 26-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered User

Location: England
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevos View Post
has anyone got any suggestions?
Does'nt anyone have any advice for me? I thought this was supposed to be a community of people?
Old 26-03-2008, 07:07 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default Serissa Foetida, Branch Dieback

In article ,
Kevos wrote:

Kevos;778965 Wrote:
has anyone got any suggestions?

Does'nt anyone have any advice for me? I thought this was supposed to
be a community of people?

I think most of the folk who used to post in this newsgroup have long
since moved to the forums on the Internet Bonsai Club website. You'll
have better luck asking your questions there, the "galleries" (forums)
get more posts in one day than this newsgroup sees in a month.
http://internetbonsaiclub.org.
Old 30-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered User

Hello,
The Serissa species comes from a massive family consisting of up to 5,000 species. The plant has a shrub like appearance with thick leaves that are oval in shape, dark green, and about 18 inches tall. When the leaves become
bruised, they produce an unpleasant odor.
- Most people will choose the Serissa because it has a neat, polished look with dense branch coverage and flowers that bloom for long amount of time. The trunk of the Serissa is gray in color and very rouge. As the Bonsai ages, the trunk will begin to change shades of gray, becoming lighter and lighter.
Care
• This particular plant should only be used for indoor Bonsai. Additionally, the Serissa requires a lot of light and needs to be placed where it can get plenty of air and temperatures ranging from 55 to 65 degrees. However, you want to make sure the Bonsai does not sit in front of any drafts and if you want to give it some outdoor time in the summer, just make sure you set it under shade.
Caution
• The only drawback of the Serissa is that when you prune and repot, you will probably get a whiff of an unpleasant odor

[IBC] growing and propagating Serissa foetida Carl L Rosner Bonsai 3 10-03-2003 09:59 PM
growing and propagating Serissa foetida Shireen Gonzaga Bonsai 1 08-03-2003 03:34 PM
[IBC] Serissa foetida Oljuska Bonsai 0 07-03-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] Newbie with Serissa Foetida Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 10-02-2003 12:25 AM
Newbie with Serissa Foetida Chris Harrison Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 05:27 PM