Old 24-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Nature's Way v Rosade

Hi...

I live about 2 hours from both Nature's Way Nursery in Harrisburg, PA
and Chase Rosade in New Hope, PA. Instead of my local nursery stock I'm
looking to purchase some better quality pre-bonsai or bonsai plants. I
know both are wonderful places but I was wondering if anyone had any
opinions on which of the two has a larger and/or more affordable
selection of pre-bonsai or bonsai. I've reached a point where I don't
mind spending a little more and even though I suspect I will eventually
visit both I know most of my budget will be spent on whoever I visit
first.

Any opinions?
Thanks
wmcorcor

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 24-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Bart Thomas

Bill:

Both are top outfits. I dunno about Jim's selection, but I deal with Chase
regularly.

At Chase's, there is a selection of pre-bonsai out in front of the studio.
Tropicals are in Soli's greenhouse.

If you know what you are looking for, it would be wise to give him a call.
There's a whole lotta stuff the general public doesn't get to see, and some
more stuff that I suspect he would only sell to an artist with the skills to
develop the material successfully. Because of the years of development of
this stock, I don't expect it will be inexpensive. I suspect that this may
also be true of Jim Doyle.

As a yardstick, at the MidAtlantic show, Bill Valvanis had some nice 18" or
so shimpakus with a $350 price tag on them. They had been carefully nurtured
as pre-bonsai. If you were there, these were like the trees in the Friday
night demo.

I'm sending Chase a copy of this so that he can correct any errors in my
appraisal of his operation.

Regards,

Bart

I live about 2 hours from both Nature's Way Nursery in Harrisburg, PA
and Chase Rosade in New Hope, PA. Instead of my local nursery stock I'm
looking to purchase some better quality pre-bonsai or bonsai plants. I
know both are wonderful places but I was wondering if anyone had any
opinions on which of the two has a larger and/or more affordable
selection of pre-bonsai or bonsai. I've reached a point where I don't
mind spending a little more and even though I suspect I will eventually
visit both I know most of my budget will be spent on whoever I visit
first.

Any opinions?
Thanks
wmcorcor

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Chase Rosade Bob Nieass Bonsai 1 10-07-2005 04:04 AM
[IBC] FW: Chase Rosade Pauline Muth Bonsai 1 03-07-2005 09:23 AM
[IBC] Chase Rosade [email protected] Bonsai 6 30-06-2005 07:39 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] "The Spirit of Bonsai design: Combine the Power of Zen and nature" Marty Haber Bonsai 0 18-12-2003 01:27 AM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] "The Spirit of Bonsai design: Combine the Power of Zen and nature" (re Lynn Boyd Bonsai 0 18-12-2003 12:28 AM