Old 25-04-2003, 07:20 PM
asmith7

Default [IBC] Local Bonsai nurseries

Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was wondering if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or clubs. I have checked the phone book but cannot find anything involving bonsai specifically. The local nurseries carry some goo
d bonsai material, but no one around here (that I can find) specializes in it. Does anyone know where I could go, besides the internet, to get all my bonsai supplies? Thanks a lot!

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bart Thomas

Old 25-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Jim Lewis

There are probably some not far from you. A list,

unfortunately, NOT by
state, can be found at:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/links/linksupp.html

That, unfortunately, is probably so far out of date as to be
useless.

I'd gladly take volunteers to cull through the back of recent
bonsai magazines, club newsletters, etc. and post message here
for recommendations enroute to updating (AND MAINTAINING) this
part of the FAQ. That person (or persons) also would have carte
blanche on organizing it by state or by whatever he or she would
want. ;-)

I'm copying Webmaster John Jarrett on this -- just in case he's
got something else planned. g

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
Old 25-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Bart Thomas

There are probably some not far from you. A list,

unfortunately, NOT by
state, can be found at:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/links/linksupp.html

That, unfortunately, is probably so far out of date as to be
useless.

I'd gladly take volunteers to cull through the back of recent
bonsai magazines, club newsletters, etc. and post message here
for recommendations enroute to updating (AND MAINTAINING) this
part of the FAQ. That person (or persons) also would have carte
blanche on organizing it by state or by whatever he or she would
want. ;-)

I'm copying Webmaster John Jarrett on this -- just in case he's
got something else planned. g

I should also have mentioned the BCI list, which I believe is more current:

http://www.bonsai-bci.com/resource.html

I'm all for your idea of updating a resource of this type. It shouldn't be
too big a job, if we can get one person from each club to tell us who's in
their neighborhood, and to distinguish between full-time and weekend (or by
appointment) operations.

Regards,

Bart

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Jim Lewis

[...]

Well, is that the voice of a volunteer???????

Old 25-04-2003, 11:56 PM
M. L. Barnett

Old 26-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Anita Hawkins

asmith7 wrote:

Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was
wondering if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or
clubs.

Besides Merritt's excellent suggestions, here's an event to plan ahead
for to feed your bonsai habit!

The North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville hosts a Bonsai Expo 2nd
weekend every October, where you'll find multiple vendors, as well as
lectures and demonstrations. Their collection's curator, Arthur Joura,
is a generous, knowledgable, irreverent guy, with a particular
fondness for local material. I plan to drive down this year for my
special birthday trip

Here's a link describing last year's; detailed info on this year's
hasn't made it onto the NCA's website yet.
http://www.ncarboretum.org/PublicPrograms/PR9-20-02.htm

And you can read more about NCA's trees, and see some images at
http://www.bonsai-wbff.org/nabf/news...carboretum.htm

See you there, a!
Anita (another a)
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I like winter trees against the sky, I said.
What does that say about you, she said, that you like
undressed trees. A voyeur."
-from a poem by Kay Cheever

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Brian Corll

I met a guy some years back in Myrtle Beach who was from Wilmington, NC and
had a nursery called Moyogi Bonsai. I don't know if he's still in business -
worth a look.

"asmith7" wrote in message
Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was

wondering if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or clubs. I have
checked the phone book but cannot find anything involving bonsai
specifically. The local nurseries carry some good bonsai material, but no
one around here (that I can find) specializes in it. Does anyone know where
I could go, besides the internet, to get all my bonsai supplies? Thanks a
lot!

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++