GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hungry? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/176241-hungry.html)

toptaff 24-06-2008 02:04 PM

Hungry?

What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Toptaff

mt006b1198 06-07-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toptaff (Post 800057)
What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Toptaff

Hi.

I am also trying to grow my own bonsai (a red Japanese maple)

I have not been growing it all that long but I have put it in some bonsai compost and I feed it with the special bonsai feed.

Although it is early days, it is looking really well and healthy, I only feed it about once a month as I am growing it outside.

Personally, I would recommend this method.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Shelley

Scooter the Mighty 08-07-2008 08:16 PM

Hungry?

On Jun 24, 6:04*am, toptaff
wrote:
What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Yes, pretty much. Just be sure to give it a good top-down watering
occasionally to prevent salts from building up in the soil.