Old 28-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered User

Arrow Chinese MayFlower (Serissa)

Hi Guys,

I got a chinese mayflower (serissa) in February last year - it was a valentines day gift from my man
Anyhow - neither of us knew how to take care of Bonsais at that point, so we made it all up as we went along..

The bonsai (according to the nursery) was 5 years old.
Anyhow, we made a mistake of puting it outside in the sun one day - little did we know that its leaves were not strong enough to handle the sun. Low and behold - we got home that afternoon to see every little leaf singed and dry because of the sun
Not too long after that, it was winter time, so I guess the tree may have also gone dormant.. who knows..
Anyhow - its now springtime here (Johannesburg, South Africa) - We have now repotted the bonsai into a bigger pot, as we saw that the soil was hard and stale in the other tiny pot. The bonsai is now in bonsai soil - which we got from the nursery. its in one of those pots that has stacks of holes in it, so that you can never over-water the bonsai. These pots have actually worked really well for our baby bonsai's which we grew from seeds..

Anyhow - sorry to ramble - do you think that there is still a chance of saving this bonsai? What should I be doing now?
Old 28-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered User

p.s. should I bring the bonsai indoors now?

Mayflower rose dying Tim United Kingdom 6 15-03-2009 07:04 PM
LINDA WEST of CHIPMAN UNITED VAN LINES likes to commit Fraud & Forgery and she likes to put peoples names on moving contracts without there Knowledge. Caton Mayflower Moving & Storage Movers & Relocation Dublin,ca & concord,ca 925) 876-7441, 925-887- vinkovci United Kingdom 1 11-10-2005 10:48 PM
The Mayflower Henry Hartley Roses 0 17-07-2003 04:54 PM
Mayflower Rusty Mase Texas 0 05-05-2003 07:20 PM
[IBC] I love the Chinese form was Why I dislike Serissa Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 0 11-04-2003 10:44 PM