Old 26-11-2008, 12:41 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default [Jade] Neophyte needs help for mom desperately!

Did you ever get any help on your Jade plant?
Love your photos!
I don't know a thing about Bonsai. I just grow a lot of little plants that
would take off and make beautiful Bonsai if someone knew how to train them.
Or, if someone is wanting to start playing around with Bonsai and does not
want to shell out big bucks.
Would love to hear from anyone who is looking for small starter plants.
Thanks, Janice
--
Janice (Johanna) Myers of Just Plants
Janice Myers/Patty Dennis

"Ohmster" wrote in message
Hello everyone. My mom received as a gift a beautiful Jade Bonsai tree
when I bought my car. The fellow was not all that honest about the Honda
Civic, all dash lights were burned out, including the check engine light
so many months later and money and repairs, the car still goes. But, my
mom's once beautiful and shaped Bonsai tree has gone straight to hell. I
tried to contact the car salesman, his number is disconnected, no
surprise there.

As a boy, I had an interest in Bonsai trees and tried to grow one,
without much success but I know that there is root pruning, limb pruning,
and wire shaping involved, even the car salesman had several trees with
copper wire wrapped around some of the branches. What do I do with this
Jade tree that is getting out of hand? How to teach mom what to do when I
don't know myself?

A picture is worth a thousand words so I made a small photo gallery of
pictures of the plant, the last two on the right show the tree when we
first got it and it looked good. The other 5 pictures from the left show
the tree as it is now, in desperate need of attention. Could someone,
anyone, please please show us what to do with this plant and bring it
back to it's former Bonsai day glory again? I think we have to put this
thing on a table, sit close to it, then what? Dump it out of pot and trim
root ball? How? Trim out of control branches, trim them back how far? Do
I need to wrap wire on the branches, if so where and how much and what
kind?

Pictures help, here are the pictures. Please be patient, they are on my
cable modem computer at my home and should not be that slow to load the
pictures. All pictures are click-able to show a larger size.
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/bonsai/

How can I save this wonderful Jade for my mom or is it too far gone
already?

Thank you so much,
Paul and Mom
g_margie a/t/ bellsouth dot net
--
~Ohmster | ohmster59 /a/t/ gmail dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body

[Jade] Neophyte needs help for mom desperately! Ohmster Bonsai 4 20-10-2008 07:04 PM
Newcomer desperately needs help! geri_a Gardening 4 14-01-2007 06:17 PM
neophyte Thumper Plant Science 2 10-07-2006 10:31 PM
Renanthera monachica help desperately needed Bacchae Orchids 15 14-03-2004 03:19 AM
Desperately seeking mail order merchants Gary Woods Ponds 9 25-02-2003 10:42 PM