Old 23-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Luis Fontanills

Default [IBC] Wife's Thoughtful Birthday Bonsai Gift

I just had to share this with my bonsai buddies on the IBC. My wife, as one
of her birthday gifts to me, carefully reviewed all the back issues I had of
Bonsai Today and then carefully reviewed the available titles/issues that she
knew would appeal to me the most. To top it off she renewed my subscription
as well. I've been reading/studying them with zeal for a few days now.

I think I'll keep her ;-)

I know others have had wonderful bonsai related gifts. How about sharing with
us the "Joy of Bonsai" as gifts.

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida USA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-02-2003, 06:03 PM
arzoo623

From: "Luis Fontanills"
I know others have had wonderful bonsai related gifts. How about sharing

with
us the "Joy of Bonsai" as gifts.

My daughter Heather, in her last year of grade school, was taking Industrial
Arts class (we
used to call it Woodworking). Once day, much to my surprise, she came home
with
a bonsai stand! I thought it was a wonderful gift and much different than
the bird houses
and key racks everyone else made.

Len
http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-02-2003, 06:39 PM
David J. Bockman

I posted this awhile back with regard to inexpensive Christmas gifts for
bonsai enthusiasts...

"A back issue of Bill Valavanis' magazine, choosing an issue that focuses on
your recipient's favorite variety of tree for bonsai

A big bag of soil mixed personally

feed cakes

couple of training pots

a bunch of pre-cut drainage hole screens and copper wire 'staples', pre-bent
and ready to be used

the bonsai archives CD

a journal for keeping notes on trees

a coupon good for a week of bonsai-sitting, in case your recipient needs to
go out of town

a coupon for one complete tool cleaning and sharpening

You could also assemble a passable tool cleaning and sharpening kit for
about $15.00 (rags, oil of wintergreen, steel wool, sanding block, ceramic
sharpening sticks, etc....)"

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

I know others have had wonderful bonsai related gifts. How about sharing

with
us the "Joy of Bonsai" as gifts.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Craig Cowing

Luis Fontanills wrote:

I just had to share this with my bonsai buddies on the IBC. My wife, as one
of her birthday gifts to me, carefully reviewed all the back issues I had of
Bonsai Today and then carefully reviewed the available titles/issues that she
knew would appeal to me the most. To top it off she renewed my subscription
as well. I've been reading/studying them with zeal for a few days now.

I think I'll keep her ;-)

I know others have had wonderful bonsai related gifts. How about sharing with
us the "Joy of Bonsai" as gifts.

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida USA

My wife gave me Bonsai Today for this year as a Christmas gift. Now we're
separated, and I don't know if she's coming back. Kinda turned my head around. I
guess you never know. My trees this year are going to mean more to me than they
ever have.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Robert O'Brien

I too have a wonderful patient and kind wife...my b'day is tuesday and she
just registered me for three workshops at our somewhat local bonsai nursery
!!!...and she puts up with my drooling and babbling every late winter/early
spring!!...How lucky are we ?...BobO

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 24-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Carl L Rosner

A couple of weeks before my 69th birthday, My wife asked me what I
wanted for my natal day. I told her, "a Buttonwood". She said," OK.
What's a Buttonwood?" After an explanation; Mary Madison was
contacted, and I now have a Buttonwood. That was almost five years ago.

A few of my Bonsai buddies, whom I have met on the internet, have also
sent me some wonderful trees as gifts. I am blessed! ;-)

Carl L. Rosner

Old 24-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Shelly Hurd

Hey Luis,
My B-day was Saturday and with spring raging here I had (and have) a lot to
do. My bride makes certain I have all the things I need for those jobs.
You know, three or four different 'soils' that I use to create my bonsai
mixes. Wire. Pots, etc., but most of all a helping hand. Between us we
manage to repot about 10 plus trees a day, which means this year it will be
the 'Ides of March' before I'm finished. This year we're driving south to a
place I found that sells rock slabs (mostly to the pond trade) so I (we) can
get a bit more creative with the forest plantings I have in training pots
for years.

Wouldn't want to do it without her.

Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Birthday gift GrlIntrpted Orchids 38 26-03-2014 07:40 PM
Plant 'fruit' tree wife's birthday (where to get Strawberry Tree?) Jim Daschowsky Edible Gardening 15 21-04-2012 11:00 PM
Birthday Gift in March Phalaenopsis Scotkat Orchid Photos 0 30-09-2007 01:07 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday... Reka Orchids 4 06-04-2003 12:32 AM
[IBC] Hubby's Thoughtful Bonsai Gift Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 24-02-2003 04:15 AM