GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to bonsai a Mango tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/190711-how-bonsai-mango-tree.html)

Elwood 09-04-2010 03:46 PM

How to bonsai a Mango tree?

I've recently planted a mango tree seed that had begun shooting in a small pot, no more than two inches long and an inch wide. I'm hoping the small pot will keep it and it's leaves small.

If not, how do you keep the leaves from growing large, given that mango trees usually grow exceptionally large leaves? Any other tips on how to bonsai them? Thanks!

Gabriella Mers 05-07-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwood (Post 882932)
I've recently planted a mango tree seed that had begun shooting in a small pot, no more than two inches long and an inch wide. I'm hoping the small pot will keep it and it's leaves small.

If not, how do you keep the leaves from growing large, given that mango trees usually grow exceptionally large leaves? Any other tips on how to bonsai them? Thanks!

I believe that if you do make a bonsai everything follows. Like the trunk, leaves. Everything shrinks. Or becomes miniature. But if it happens to be the actual size then something might be wrong with the way you bonsai the plant.

DanielK 15-08-2010 09:29 AM

Hey dude you seem to be crazy, I do have a couple of bonsai plants but a Mango tree is different.
I am sure that its not gonna give u mango hahahahaha :)