Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered User

Default Indoor Bonsai Questions

Hey Guys

New here and was looking for some help.

I have a few White Oak acorns that I have had for some time in the freezer. I live in Minnesota and I have the itch to start growing some Bonsai trees again after taking a few years off.

Can I start the acorns now or is it too early? What woudl happen if I started them now and grew them all winter and transplanted them outside in the spring? Would this confuss the hell out of them or would they begin their normal cycle in the fall ( going dormant?)

If i cant start these tress now, which trees can I? I would like to start trees from seed and I would actually really really like a bonsia that i could keep indoors year round. I heard Norfolk Island pines are good for indoors, and since they are indoors, does it matter when I try planting them by seed?

Any other indoor year ound trees that you could suggest would also be great! I live in an aparment and I don't have a garden so Id like to start an indoor one

Anything will help!

Thanks!