Old 25-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered User

Default Curly Willow pruning

'm new to the bonzai world but I heard that curly willows make great starting trees. Well, I got a cutting from a friend about a year ago and now it is around 2 feet tall in its pot and wanted to make it into a bonzai. My question is, is there any special way you prune a willow as apposed to other more hardwood varieties? I have already shaped the trunk the way I want it with wire and plenty of patience Very Happy but just need help in the branch pruning. Thanks!

curly (aka corkscrew) willow, propagation qs Jean B. Gardening 2 09-06-2005 02:45 PM
potting curly willow DM Texas 0 24-05-2005 06:55 AM
Curly ghost orchids Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 2 06-10-2003 02:32 AM
Curly hoses Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 6 07-08-2003 03:33 AM
curly kale: recepies ne1? Derek Turner United Kingdom 6 12-12-2002 10:44 PM