GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Cheap containers, was: Priorities in bonsai design (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/2014-re-%5Bibc%5D-cheap-containers-priorities-bonsai-design.html)

Jay Sinclair 26-02-2003 01:03 AM

[IBC] Cheap containers, was: Priorities in bonsai design

Plastic 'bus tubs' (the containers used by minimum-wage earning adolescent males to
clear the dirty dishes from restaurant tables) work well, too. A couple of bucks
apiece, from Gordon Food Service (or local equivalent), as I recall.

Jay

"Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL)" wrote:

Do to cost considerderation (and actual in-ground space limitations), I went
to K-Mart (Wal-Mart, Target, whatever) and bought a number of the larger
clear plastic storage containers...

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

John Carnes 26-02-2003 02:15 AM

[IBC] Cheap containers, was: Priorities in bonsai design

Do to cost considerderation, I went
to K-Mart and bought a number of the larger clear plastic storage containers...

I had the same idea and was looking around Walmart when I saw some cat litter boxes. They are shallow, don't need to be cut down, largest
sizes are big enough, and they were only $3, as opposed to several dollars for the plastic storage containers.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Neal Ross 26-02-2003 02:27 AM

[IBC] Cheap containers, was: Priorities in bonsai design

You can also find similar containers at any local bargain store, like the
Dollar Tree or Mac Frugals. I picked up about 15 this past winter for about
$25 total. I don't know how long before the plastic starts to break down,
but if they last a couple years it is worth it to me.

--I crucified my hate and
held the world within my hands--
Neal Ross-Marysville CA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: