Old 03-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Bonsai Public Relations

Dear IBC ers
Tuesday evening, I gave a speech at the Margate City hall on Bonsai. The
Margate City beautification board asked me to talk on Bonsai. It was a
fun evening, and I just received a phone call from the chairman thanking
me for my speech. She said I was the star speaker of the panel of four
that gave presentations. I humbly thanked her, however, in my mind, I am
sure she said that to all four of us!!!

I brought a 15-tree Japanese Maple forest, a Cotoneaster single tree and
an English Ivy forest and a sample of Bonsai Soil, since most people are
used to looking at garden soil. One of the members of the club walked
around and carried each of my trees around through the audience. I think
I blew a few minds when they saw the Maple forest. We had question and
answer portion after the speeches, and I think I must have had 10 or 15
questions, three times as many as any other speaker.

Of course, I went into the pronunciation of the word Bonsai, but I was
able to enlighten the audience about the word Mallsai. About one third
of the audience had been victimized by a gift of a Mallsai. That was the
sad part of the evening. But I lightened up and brought down the house,
when I passed around a container of my Bonsai mix. I explained that this
is soil, but according to my wife when it is trampled into the living
room, it becomes dirt!

When I left I was given an envelope, which turned out to be a $25.00
gift certificate to a Nursery.

All in all, it was a very satisfying evening.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Dear IBC ers
Tuesday evening, I gave a speech at the Margate City hall on

Bonsai.

And you didn't mention the IBC!!?? PHOO! ;-)

Seriously . . . Good job, Carl.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

a public apology zhanataya Gardening 1 11-02-2012 01:20 AM
Establishing business relations Bashir Plant Biology 0 29-05-2004 10:04 PM
[IBC] ****X-bonsai (was: [IBC] Bonsai Figurine - Warrios / Samuai / Bushido etc.) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 13-02-2004 03:27 PM
Public Space - Meadow - Nature reserve - Help - Free seeds Richard G Seddon United Kingdom 3 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
[IBC] US vs. European bonsai stundents - was [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? Marty & Patty Weiser Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 04:25 AM