GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help identifying please.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/206541-help-identifying-please.html)

karen Hampton 10-03-2013 08:14 AM

Help identifying please....

1 Attachment(s)
I recieved a lovely bonsai for mothers day, but do not know what sort of tree it is can anyone help please....

Eric H. 03-04-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karen Hampton (Post 979174)
I recieved a lovely bonsai for mothers day, but do not know what sort of tree it is can anyone help please....

Sorry, but I am not an expert on bonsai either... If I were you I would take it into a flower shop and ask for help there.

Anyway, I have another question and really hope that someone can help me with it. In am going to Japan at the end of April and would really like to pick up a bonsai there and bring it back to the UK.

I am afraid, however, that I won't be allowed to take the tree into the plane with me... does anyone know the airlines' regulations?

I am sure that I will be able to take it into the limousine that will pick me up from the airport - Yes, since I will return with a business client my company has arranged for the BlackLane Limousine Service - but the plane kind of worries me...

Perenial Paul 21-01-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karen Hampton (Post 979174)
I recieved a lovely bonsai for mothers day, but do not know what sort of tree it is can anyone help please....

It looks like it could be an Oriental Tea Tree, a little difficult to tell from the picture.

GreenLarry 11-04-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perenial Paul (Post 1010857)
It looks like it could be an Oriental Tea Tree, a little difficult to tell from the picture.

Looks a little like a Sageretia

Budburst 31-10-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karen Hampton (Post 979174)
I recieved a lovely bonsai for mothers day, but do not know what sort of tree it is can anyone help please....

Off the top of my head, I'd say it's a gardenia.