GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Singapore Holly questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/21232-singapore-holly-questions.html)

Shireen Gonzaga 08-05-2003 02:56 AM

Singapore Holly questions

I have several starter plants of Singapore Holly
(Malpighia coccigera) that will eventually be
trained as bonsai. Their small holly-shaped
leaves makes them very charming, and they have
lovely delicate light purple flowers.

Lately, I've noticed that the newer leaves are
not holly-shaped, but look more oval like their
relatives, the Barbados cherry. Is there a
particular light level that's required to bring
out those gorgeous holly-shaped leaves?

Thanks,
Shireen
--
Shireen Gonzaga, Data Analyst, Space Telescope Science Inst. O-
3700 San Martin Dr., Baltimore, MD 21212, USA. _/ )