Old 09-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Theo

Default baby born cork oak

I have 4 trees of cork oaks in the park and last september I could get
about 10 whole corns before squirrels come but still green, ( mostly
they chop and throw them away .. so useless .. .. )
I put them inside sand for the winter
In spring I dug them out most of them were brown dead with molds
anly 3 were still white and germinating but the fitton ( the main
roots was starting to get black so I moved them in a deep container
with mould made with oak leaf and watered..
one month later I sow the 3 were opening end getting green and this
morning a small sprout was coming out from one of them..I am planning
to take some soil from the older oaks ..but I think it might bring
problems also
so I added some mychorize from my penthaphilla and covered with the
upper part of a plastic bottle to avoid some malicious bird .. one
never knows.....

I read Oaks are plenty of pests molds , mildew and other stuff
what could I do to prevent this baby and help him survive healthy the
good season's pests and get strenght ?
Thanks for feed back
Theo

Cork Oak Seeds (Quercus Suber) ulrich schubert United Kingdom 2 27-10-2004 12:27 PM
What to do with newly born Koi? -winter risks... adavisus Ponds 0 24-09-2003 05:32 AM
What to do with newly born Koi? Bob Ponds 3 22-09-2003 05:39 PM
Cork Oak Tasha United Kingdom 0 21-08-2003 10:32 AM
Cork Oak Tasha Gardening 0 21-08-2003 09:42 AM