GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Collected Ponderosa Pines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/21752-%5Bibc%5D-collected-ponderosa-pines.html)

Manuel A Chavez 11-05-2003 03:56 AM

[IBC] Collected Ponderosa Pines

I recently went on a collection trip in the Rocky Mountains with members of
my Bonsai club and found 3 nice older Ponderosa Pines. Each had a very nice
root ball. I have planted them in training pots with free draining soil (60%
Turface, 30% pine duff and 10% sharp sand). I understand that I need to
place them in the shade and protect from the wind. Currently they are in my
daughters covered sand box which is providing the needed protection. My
question is how long should I have them in the shade before moving them to
the sun? I am misting the needles daily and watering when needed. Any help
that can be provided will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++