Old 20-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Trident Maple Update

Any suggestions on watering fertilizing as it struggles back
to life?

Follow moderation in all things. Struggling trees need very
little of either.

Water when the soil feels dry (see recent messages on using a
stick or "skewer").

Fertilize perhaps now and then mid summer and then early fall and
leave it at that. Use a balanced houseplant fertilizer with
trace minerals and follow directions on the package EXACTLY,
erring, if at all, on the weak side.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Theo

U R Right Jim as usual
I said something according what I know about my trident ..
so it is valid for me and my advice might be dangerous according the other's
trees conditions. all advices have to be tailored to our specific needs
and you made the right " nuance" :-)
Thanks
theo