Old 28-05-2003, 06:20 AM
adam roler

Default [IBC] kinda off topic

hello all,
i have recently developed an appreciation for
what i would call (perhaps ignorantly?) traditional
japanese music. i went to a show once where the trees were
accompanied by this type of music, silently in the
background. i found it very calming and soothing to hear
it while being with the trees. i would like to own some if
i could. can anyone recommend to me some artists whose
albums i could purchase? i have no idea where to start. i
thought maybe some of you fine people might be able to
point me in the right direction. thanx.

adam roler
indianapolis indiana

=====
"...we have (still) a great need for a Savior, and a great Savior for our need." -Derek Webb

http://calendar.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-05-2003, 07:20 AM
David J. Bockman

Although a 'hybrid', I find Jean-Pierre Rampal / Lily Laskine's 'Japanese
Melodies for Flute and Harp' quite enjoyable. The traditional shakuhachi
(japanese flute) is a wonderful, slightly sad sounding instrument.

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

i have recently developed an appreciation for
what i would call (perhaps ignorantly?) traditional
japanese music. i went to a show once where the trees were
accompanied by this type of music, silently in the
background. i found it very calming and soothing to hear
it while being with the trees. i would like to own some if
i could. can anyone recommend to me some artists whose
albums i could purchase? i have no idea where to start. i
thought maybe some of you fine people might be able to
point me in the right direction.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-05-2003, 10:56 AM
kevin bailey

Try here
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=6:06:29|PM&sql=C11032

Kev Bailey

hello all,
i have recently developed an appreciation for
what i would call (perhaps ignorantly?) traditional
japanese music. i went to a show once where the trees were
accompanied by this type of music, silently in the
background. i found it very calming and soothing to hear
it while being with the trees. i would like to own some if
i could. can anyone recommend to me some artists whose
albums i could purchase? i have no idea where to start. i
thought maybe some of you fine people might be able to
point me in the right direction.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-06-2003, 05:44 AM
eagle

Try this site. You can listen to samples.. and it is a bonsai site.
http://www.neehaibonsai.com/neehai_cdmusic_page.htm

remove x's to reply to my address

"kevin bailey" wrote in message
Try here
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=6:06:29|PM&sql=C11032

Kev Bailey

hello all,
i have recently developed an appreciation for
what i would call (perhaps ignorantly?) traditional
japanese music. i went to a show once where the trees were
accompanied by this type of music, silently in the
background. i found it very calming and soothing to hear
it while being with the trees. i would like to own some if
i could. can anyone recommend to me some artists whose
albums i could purchase? i have no idea where to start. i
thought maybe some of you fine people might be able to
point me in the right direction.

---

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

kinda on topic ? Clark[_2_] Lawns 10 29-09-2007 10:05 PM
[IBC] OT - amusing and at least kinda relevant to the gallery. (DON'T REPLY TO LIST!) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 30-03-2004 05:34 PM
[IBC] Light bulbs, think about it! Kinda on topic dalecochoy Bonsai 4 10-04-2003 10:32 PM
On topic humor (kinda long but well worth the read) bobwhite Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
[IBC] SV: [IBC] off-topic Per Arne Pedersen Bonsai 0 21-03-2003 04:56 PM