GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Pine candles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/29474-%5Bibc%5D-pine-candles.html)

Jim Lewis 29-05-2003 05:22 AM

[IBC] Pine candles

This:

The new candles on my white pine are partly grown. The needles

are sticking
out, but the pairs of needles haven't separated yet. Is it too

early to cut the
branches & leader back to that point?

reminded me that on a bike ride through a longleaf pine forest
(Pinus palustris) last weekend I saw new candles of 15-18 inches
long!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++