GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] pine fertilizer. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/29478-%5Bibc%5D-pine-fertilizer.html)

Colin Horn 29-05-2003 05:22 AM

[IBC] pine fertilizer.

From your experiences, what would you reccomend being a good fertilizer for
a young black pine? Its puting out new growth over most needles on the
trunk. It is about 12 inches tall, but i would like to let it grow bigger. I
use a 24-14-14 fertilizer, and dilute it so it is a 12-7-7. Any advice would
be accepted. Thanks so much. - Colin Horn Orinda, CA

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Billy M. Rhodes 29-05-2003 11:44 AM

[IBC] pine fertilizer.

In a message dated 5/28/2003 11:53:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I use a 24-14-14 fertilizer, and dilute it so it is a 12-7-7.

How do you dilute it? If you are mixing half strength you are not
diluting it just using less. The 24 means that the fertilizer is 24% nitrogen (24
pounds of nitrogen in 100 pounds of fertilizer).
It depends upon what you want to accomplish with the tree. A 27-14-14
will push a lot of new growth that you may not want in a bonsai. I use
14-14-14 Osmocote on most things. It isn't the numbers that matter so much as how
much you use. Most of the fertilizers designated for particular species differ
in the trace elements they contain rather than the numbers.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++