GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] AirLayering Eastern Hemlock? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/29559-%5Bibc%5D-airlayering-eastern-hemlock.html)

Al Polanco 29-05-2003 07:32 AM

[IBC] AirLayering Eastern Hemlock?

Does anyone have any experience tips on airlayering the following plant material?

Eastern Hemlock
Taxus

I was wondering what strength of rooting hormone is recommended (IBA), When to start the airlayer.
I plan to use live sphagnum moss and I have 6 different strengths of hormex. My "Reference Manual for Woody Plant Propagation" only gives info for cuttings and seed propagation not layering.
Also if there is a book that deals with Air Layering techniques and hormone concentrations for specific species of plants, I would appreciate the title.

Thanks
Al Polanco
North Salem, NY
Zone 6, sunset zone 37