GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/29883-%5Bibc%5D-some-bsf-2003-exhibit-images.html)

[email protected] 31-05-2003 03:56 AM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

Hi Folks,

The Bonsai Societies of Florida, the first state-wide bonsai organization,
held its 2003 convention at Fort Myers May 22 - 26. It was an outstanding
convention with a wonderful exhibit of bonsai. A selection of images from the 2003
exhibit have been put up on the BSF website at:

A HREF="http://www.bonsai-bsf.com/exhibits_main.htm"http://www.bonsai-bsf.com/exhibits_main.htm/A

Hope you enjoy.

Tom Zane
BSF Webmaster

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jerry Meislik 31-05-2003 04:44 PM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

Tom,
Thanks very nice job showing us the show.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/

Iris Cohen 31-05-2003 04:44 PM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

Thank you, I enjoyed them. However, may I make a couple of comments? The plant
you had labeled "Pyrocamels." That is undoubtedly xPyracomeles, which is a
hybrid between Pyracantha & Osteomeles. We discussed this before.
I loved the little mame stands, but why in God's name are they painted pink &
orange?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

- George Hutson 31-05-2003 04:56 PM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

Hi Iris,

The actual color of the stands were red. The flash from the cameras caused
the various pigments in the paint to come out the colors you saw.

George Hutson
Southwest Florida - Zone 10

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[email protected] 31-05-2003 05:08 PM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

In a message dated 5/31/03 11:00:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

The plant
you had labeled "Pyrocamels." That is undoubtedly xPyracomeles, which is a
hybrid between Pyracantha &Osteomeles. We discussed this before.
I loved the little mame stands, but why in God's name are they painted pink &

orange?

Hi Iris,

Long time since we talked. Thanks for clarification on the plant's name. I
will correct the website. As George said in another email, some of the stands
were bright red. At first it was grating to the eye by after a bit the stands,
and they only had several that were red, provided a good accent piece with
little distraction, believe it or not.

Tom Zane
100 Gull Cir N
Daytona Beach, FL 32119-1320

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Shelly Hurd 31-05-2003 10:56 PM

[IBC] Some BSF 2003 Exhibit Images

In case it -wasn't- just me, I found this easier.

http://www.bonsai-bsf.com/bsf2003/bsf2003.htm

Regards, :-)
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9