GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Older Publications (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/30965-%5Bibc%5D-older-publications.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 08-06-2003 12:32 AM

[IBC] Older Publications

At a recent Florida Historical Society Conference in Gainesville, FL a used
bookseller had two bonsai "books."

A catalog from:
Heirob Bonsai Nursery
Livingston Manor, N.Y.
no date (not really that old - has an area code - 914)
but the largest container (appears to Japanese, but no information provided
and no dimensions) is $10 and Bank Americard isn't VISA yet.

Growing Bonsai
U. S. Department of Agriculture - Home and Garden Bulletin No. 206
Henry M. Cathey
Issued August 1973
not really bad for basics - 40 cents was the price
photos courtesy of BCI, Palo Alto, Calif. and Longwood Gardens.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 08-06-2003 12:44 AM

[IBC] Older Publications

At a recent Florida Historical Society Conference in
Gainesville, FL a used
bookseller had two bonsai "books."

A catalog from:
Heirob Bonsai Nursery
Livingston Manor, N.Y.
no date (not really that old - has an area code - 914)
but the largest container (appears to Japanese, but no

information provided
and no dimensions) is $10 and Bank Americard isn't VISA yet.

That one is new to me, but I have the USDA Bulletin (below), and
no it's not too bad at all. It still is available on the USDA
website, but you have to dig for it and I can't provide a URL.
It may still be available in paper, but I haven't seen it
recently.

The Florida Cooperative Extension Service has (or had) a very
similar publication: "Bonsai" - Circular 338, which I also have.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

Growing Bonsai
U. S. Department of Agriculture - Home and Garden Bulletin No.

206
Henry M. Cathey
Issued August 1973
not really bad for basics - 40 cents was the price
photos courtesy of BCI, Palo Alto, Calif. and Longwood Gardens.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

***************

***************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

Browning, Karl 09-06-2003 01:32 PM

[IBC] Older Publications

That one is new to me, but I have the USDA Bulletin (below), and
no it's not too bad at all. It still is available on the USDA
website, but you have to dig for it and I can't provide a URL.
It may still be available in paper, but I haven't seen it
recently.

Growing Bonsai
U. S. Department of Agriculture - Home and Garden Bulletin No.

206
Henry M. Cathey
Issued August 1973

You can find it at: