Old 09-06-2003, 05:08 PM
DouglasTaylor

Default [IBC] Care Tips for your trees #4 -- Summer

Thank you Jim
If I remember correctly, previously you stated "that it would be ok to add
your care tips to club newsletters mailing etc. as long as credit/blame ; )
was given to the writer and that a listing of the IBC homepage ulr would be
appreciated" is that correct?
Also I wanted to mention Ortho has a free version of their problem solver
linked from their home page Ortho.com, it seems pretty helpful to this plant
pest and disease novice.

Doug Taylor
Zone 5 Mass.

snip snip snip

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Thank you Jim
If I remember correctly, previously you stated "that it would

be ok to add
your care tips to club newsletters mailing etc. as long as

credit/blame ; )
was given to the writer and that a listing of the IBC homepage

ulr would be
appreciated" is that correct?

Yes. Anyone can use it as they wish, but credit and mention of
the IBC would be appreciated. If it is a paper newsletter, I'd
appreciate a copy. The last one was used "worldwide." ;-)

Also I wanted to mention Ortho has a free version of their

problem solver
linked from their home page Ortho.com, it seems pretty helpful

to this plant
pest and disease novice.

That's very good to know. I'll go take a look and add the page
to my Favorites list.

Doug Taylor
Zone 5 Mass.

snip snip snip

HA! Bless you. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Also I wanted to mention Ortho has a free version of their
problem solver
linked from their home page Ortho.com, it seems pretty helpful

to this plant
pest and disease novice.

I found it, and marked it, but it is -- I think, at least -- a
bit awkward to use. A lot of clicking and selecting from
drop-down boxes, to get where you want to be, and the text is a
miniscule size -- even with IE6x's type size set to max -- for my
65-year-old eyes.

I have all of the books I mentioned (Ortho Home Gardener's
Problem Solver, Southern Living Garden Problem Solver, and Sunset
Garden Pests and Diseases and several others), so will stick with
them. Those for whom books are an obsolete means of
communication may well find the Ortho.com web page helpful.

Thanks for the reference, though.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

Old 09-06-2003, 07:20 PM

Jim Lewis wrote:

the text is a
miniscule size -- even with IE6x's type size set to max -- for my
65-year-old eyes.

In IE5, under Accessibility in the Options dialog check "Ignore font sizes
specified on Web pages." I imagine it is the same in IE6. You shouldn't need
to do this, but some web designers seem to forget that not everyone has
20/20 vision.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis wrote:

the text is a
miniscule size -- even with IE6x's type size set to max --

for my
65-year-old eyes.

In IE5, under Accessibility in the Options dialog check "Ignore

font sizes
specified on Web pages." I imagine it is the same in IE6. You

shouldn't need
to do this, but some web designers seem to forget that not

everyone has
20/20 vision.

Yeah. One MORE step required before the pages are useful. I'll
stick to books for most of my reference work.

Thanks.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Man is the
only animal that blushes -- or needs to. (Mark Twain, I think)