Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Chriss Flagg

Default [IBC] Junipers and the Weather - [IBC] The Flood

Here in the NW junipers thrive in the full sun. Only my bonsai junipers are
complaining. They are getting extra care with this heat.
I have junipers in full sun for the last 10 yrs. They seem to thrive. I
have heard that there are some that prefer partial sun. But I haven't found
them here in the NW.

Yesterday we broke the record held for 26 years in Seattle. 86 was the
high, now its above 95. In Puyallup/Spanaway 50 miles south of Seattle we
hit a high of 99 in the shade.

My husband has been great in helping to rearrange my trees so that they get
the protection that they need and he can still use the BBQ. He said it was
like being the giant in the Land of little people.

Chriss Flagg
Puyallup WA
The Other Washington

I recently moved to a new place with much more shade.
My junipers only get about 4 hours of direct light
each day and then indirect light the rest of the day.
They all seem much happier then at my old place which
got about 8 hours of direct sun each day.

I have a Golden Coast, a San Hose, and a Japanese
Juniper.

They arn't growing scragly and long like i thought
they would. In fact they seem to be a nicer deeper
green.

Yup. There's sun and then there's SUN. I'm afraid Europe just
doesn't know SUN. Junipers die -- quite quickly -- in full sun
in my neighborhood.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Crabs and junipers flicker Gardening 0 19-03-2004 04:16 PM
Crabs and junipers flicker Gardening 0 19-03-2004 04:02 PM
Crabs and junipers flicker Gardening 0 19-03-2004 03:18 PM
[IBC] Junipers and pines in sun Ben Griffin Bonsai 4 20-03-2003 05:08 PM
[IBC] New member - Question on junipers Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 08:25 PM