Old 12-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] A little off topic, but I WILL mention bonsai ;-)

In Hawaii, fifty years ago next month I stepped aboard the S.S.
President Cleveland enroute to several years in the Far East,
starting in Hong Kong and later in Japan (where I also got
introduced to bonsai).

I was 16 years old.

I soon met 15-year old Jackie Hirth who also was on the ship
heading to Japan to visit her grandparents, who had lived there
since 1902 (!).

Forty-three years ago TODAY, I married her. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Iris Cohen

In Hawaii, fifty years ago next month I stepped aboard the S.S.
President Cleveland enroute to several years in the Far East, BRBR
I soon met 15-year old Jackie Hirth who also was on the ship
heading to Japan to visit her grandparents, who had lived there
since 1902 (!). BRBR
Forty-three years ago TODAY, I married her.

A lovely story. may you make it to 50 in good health.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)