GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pachira Aquatica??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/32465-pachira-aquatica.html)

Dirty Harry 17-06-2003 01:56 AM

Pachira Aquatica???

Hello,

I have just acquired a rather odd looking plant which I believe to be
a bonsai. I have tried to find references to this particular species
with limited success. It appears to be a Pachira Aquatica or "Money
Tree". There are three trunks which spiral upward and weave together
as a braid.

It is a rather ugly (albeit healthy) plant as I don't think it was
shaped, pruned or cared for other than watering. It is about 2 feet
tall with branches and leaves all over it. I know nothing of bonsai
and not even sure if this is a bonsai. If it is, I have basically two
questions

Is this an indoor or outdoor bonzai?

Can this plant still be shaped, trimmed and "trained" into a good
looking bonsai, or is it too late? It has a good strong trunk and It
looks as though it was just left to grow straight up with lots of
branches and leaves.

Thanks for any help
Dirty Harry