GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ficus Wiandi/Riandi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/33663-ficus-wiandi-riandi.html)

Nathan Kilah 23-06-2003 01:08 PM

Ficus Wiandi/Riandi

I recently bought a Ficus Wiandi/Riandi labelled as an "Oriental Ficus" even
though I have discovered it was developed in Holland.

The plant is very visually appealling, however the branches are
exceptionally fragile. Whilst in the nursery choosing a plant I snapped off
two branches (don't worry I still bought the plant) when seeing how I would
style it as a bonsai.

Does any one have any specific information on their training as bonsai. The
particular style of branching in a zig-zagged manner looks slightly
difficult to control with a clip and grow technique.

Thanks in advance

Nathan Kilah

--
Nathan L. Kilah
Department of Chemistry

Tel - (07) 3365 4600
Fax - (07) 3365 4299
Office - Rm 710, 68 (Chemistry Building)
Lab - Rm 718, 68 (Chemistry Building)

Nathan Kilah 23-06-2003 01:08 PM

Ficus Wiandi/Riandi

I should also point out that I have searched the net in the usual places and
generally the sites feature only pictures or are in Dutch or French (and I'm
not particularly good at either!!).

Thanks agiain

--
Nathan L. Kilah