GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Just a test (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/34175-re-%5Bibc%5D-just-test.html)

Jim Lewis 25-06-2003 08:44 PM

[IBC] Just a test

I'm testing to see whether I can post to this group. Running
some software
round the block so to speak!

peace!

Sigh. It's hard sometimes. We've had a spate of these recently.

It is poor nettiquette to send test message to a topical group.
There are news groups devoted solely to these things. (For some
unknown reason.)

However, it has always seemed to me that just as good a "test"
could be made with an on-topic message. You'd know if THAT made
it to the group too, and we wouldn't have to read a meaningless
message. And since rec.arts.bonsai (to which the test was sent)
is directly linked to an Internet mailing list, the tests add to
the e-mail clutter of 500 of us.

Oh well. To late for us, but please for other newsgroups you
join, please do your testing with a meaningful message --
perhaps, even, an introduction. ;-) (And everyone else can
remember for the times THEY join a new news group.)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++