GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Ficus religiosa: problem solved (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/34188-%5Bibc%5D-ficus-religiosa-problem-solved.html)

Nina Shishkoff 25-06-2003 09:44 PM

[IBC] Ficus religiosa: problem solved

I was examining the leaves, still puzzling over the sticky stuff, and
I came upon.... a single dead scale. So I looked more carefully, and
found that the petioles of almost all the leaves were covered with
tiny, baby scales. These were obviously immature "crawlers" who had
just finished crawling and had started to build shells. Well, you
know the rest: I cleaned each leave individually and then rinsed the
whole top in a hard stream of water (note to people who think this
takes too much time and effort: it took 10 minutes). I'll do the
same next week.

Nina, who will have to check all the other plants on the windowsill.......

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++