Old 26-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Introduction

To all

Sorry about the earlier test (Jim). My name is Jack, I live in

Kentucky,
zone 6b. I have over 35 trees. Not many I realize, but it is

a start. All
told I have 78 different kinds of plants (bonsai included). My

best friend
tells me that I tend to gravitate toward greenery, and I

suppose he is
right. IMHO he tends to gravitate towards showy blooms. Oh

well, TEHO.

I have been reading this NG for a while now and I really enjoy

it. I had an
acer palmatum "dissectum" turn up its toes earlier this year,

very
disconcerting. I believe it was some type of disease. Not

really for sure
yet. At some point I plan to search the archives to see if

anything is
mentioned on it's particular set of circumstances.

Nothing to this post more than a simple howdy, an apology for

the test and a
good day to you all.

Hi Jack.

Welcome to the IBC. Be sure to visit and sample our web page,
take a look at the gallery, and occasionally join in on the
Monday/Thursday chat sessions.

Chances are the maple died of Verticillium wilt. There's no
cure, so there's nothing you could have done.

Thirty five trees is a goodly number. I'm down to about 65
now -- down from nearly 200 -- and PLAN on dropping down a bit
more. Problem is, I keep wanting to try another native, or . . .

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] [itsybitsybonsai] introduction Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 06-07-2004 12:02 AM
[IBC] introduction & request for tool buying advice Bart Thomas Bonsai 2 11-11-2003 01:22 AM
New to Group--Introduction and questions (long) Marilee Edible Gardening 22 30-08-2003 04:23 AM
Introduction d Bonsai 0 26-06-2003 06:56 AM
Introduction & Shallot pronoun United Kingdom 2 25-01-2003 03:33 PM