GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing suggestions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/34552-growing-suggestions.html)

James Quinan 28-06-2003 06:56 AM

Growing suggestions

I want to plant some of the trees I've got so I can grow them up and get
some nice trunk action happening. I'm hesitant to plant trees in the ground
here - I get a few visiting cats and dogs on occasions and am afraid they
will damage them. I thought instead of making up a few growing boxes, or at
least getting some really big pots (12 - 18" diameter ones) to do this. Any
suggestions on what is the best way to go? Also what about depth? 6" seems
to be ok to me, but I really have no basis for this opinion. I look forward
to your replies, thanks again one and all.