GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Me too! Complete newbie (please be kind) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/35772-me-too-re-complete-newbie-please-kind.html)

[email protected] 07-07-2003 08:14 PM

Me too! Complete newbie (please be kind)

Well, I might as well jump on this bandwagon, since the next one will not be
leaving for some time I expect.

I have sort of decided that I want to dip my toes in and see how cold or
warm the water is. What I would like to try are some Oaks (okay, I might be
dead by the time these come to fruition!), Horse Chestnuts, and maybe a
Weeping Willow or two, all of which I should be able to get youngish samples
of from the wild here. How well, or otherwise, do those types of trees take
to being bonsaified (if there is such a word)?

Thanks,
--
Gary