GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Stolen landscaping trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/36708-re-%5Bibc%5D-stolen-landscaping-trees.html)

Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI 15-07-2003 07:43 PM

[IBC] Stolen landscaping trees

S Clark Wrote:
trees as low as $300.00. The story details a woman leaving for work after

Your surprised that the trees were only worth $300? People have been killed over pocket change. It's a sad world at times.

Keep your eyes open. Let's catch
some of these low lifes and enjoy your trees as long as you have them.

I agree! I think it would be obvious that a tree was stolen or not by who you buy them from. Reputable nurseries and individuals (recommended by others in Bonsai) are usually safe. Ebay is another story, but even there, common sense should help. Don't
buy anything out of the back of a truck, especially if there is a soiled shovel sitting right next to it! ;-)

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Dolce 16-07-2003 06:20 AM

[IBC] Stolen landscaping trees

Here in Rochester, NY, the local newspaper reported today that a someone
recently stole 37 "rare" Japanese maples from a local nursery (Grossman's
Country Nursery). The thefts occurred over two days, last Thursday and
Friday. The value of the the trees was estimated to be between $3500 and
$4000. Be on the look out for anyone trying to sell rare maple varieties.

Jim

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Iris Cohen 16-07-2003 06:20 AM

[IBC] Stolen landscaping trees

Here in Rochester, NY, the local newspaper reported today that a someone
recently stole 37 "rare" Japanese maples from a local nursery BRBR

Bill Valavanis had a valuable maple bonsai stolen.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)