Old 19-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Dimitrios Kalderis

Default [IBC] Large vs small leaves

I have noticed that when I bought my Serissa a few
months ago, it had large leaves, whereas now the new
leaves have approx. halved in size.
Other than that, the tree is growing fine.

Any suggestions ?

D.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Jim Lewis

I have noticed that when I bought my Serissa a few
months ago, it had large leaves, whereas now the new
leaves have approx. halved in size.
Other than that, the tree is growing fine.

Any suggestions ?

If the leaves appear to be green and healthy (and your Serissa
would tell you if they weren't healthy), don't worry. You WANT
small leaves on a bonsai.

My guess is that you have placed your serissa where it gets more
light than it had in its old home.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Carl L Rosner

Dimitrios:
You are probably giving your Serissa more light than it had in it's
previous place. This is a good thing!!! ;-)

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Old 19-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Iris Cohen

I have noticed that when I bought my Serissa a few
months ago, it had large leaves, whereas now the new
leaves have approx. halved in size.

That is what you want, the smaller, the better. Probably you are giving it
better light than it had before. Keep doing what you are doing.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)