Old 12-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Barb

Default [IBC] Morning, New Member

Hello all,
I just joined the list and will just say hello for now, and then sit back
and see how the list runs.
My name is Barb (Bonsai Lady) unless someone already has that nick
name..lol. if so let me know and i'll change mine.
I am a 67 year old great grand mother and am new, very new, to Bonsai trees
etc, I am working with Wisteria, Red Buds and Crape Myrtles plus a few other
oddments..lol.. I have one Quence, which I almost lost to scale insects, but
got rid of them,(had them from where I got it) and it is coming back now. My
hubby Don, of almost 50 years and I are retired..and enjoy living out where
it is quiet and peaceful.. We live north of Houston, Texas where it gets
very hot.. anyone else near here?
Nough said for now, hope to hear from others soon,
Barb

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Welcome, Barb.

Congrats on being a GREAT grandmother at 67.

I invite you to look at our web pages and FAQ (address below) and
to visit our gallery, which is accessible via our web pages.

Wisteria make nice large bonsai. Please let us know if you get
yours to bloom ;-). Crape myrtles also are good subjects for
bonsai. I dunno about redbud, but can see why you'd want to try
them.

This is a great group and you will always -- well, almost
always -- find someone with the answer you are looking for.
We're also good at providing answers you are NOT looking for.
;-)

There is, I believe an active bonsai club in Houston -- check out
www.absbonsai.org/abs_home.html to find a club in your area.
Joining will be the second best thing you can do to help your
understanding of bonsai (you've already done the first).