Old 19-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Bill Neff

Default [IBC] Timing for pruning Ficus Retusa

I have a ficus retusa that I received as an anniversary present from my wife
4 years ago. It has grown out of control ... mainly because she's used the
guilt of "You're not going to cut up the tree I GAVE you for our anniversary."
and until last year I didn't know what type of ficus it was. I've convinced
her that if it's cut back it will bud back and can be shaped to look more
tree-like than a bush. Since it's nearing mid August here in northeast Kansas (zone
5) is it too late to cut it back & start growing back before I move it under
the lights for winter in late September/early October? Thanks.

Bill Neff
Topeka, KS

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Jerry Meislik

Bill,
You should still have a good 6 weeks of warm weather. So I think cutting
back now is still Ok.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5