GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chinese Elm... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/41977-chinese-elm.html)

John 02-09-2003 08:42 PM

Chinese Elm...

Recently brought an Elm (i think - from a supermarket, no really - its
got lovely roots, bit of work and it'll be fine)
Now - indoor or outdoor? - I've been leaving it out recently in this
mild weather by should I bring it in soon? Also when should I re pot?

John
UK

Liam 03-09-2003 09:02 PM

Chinese Elm...

In article ,
(John) wrote:

Recently brought an Elm (i think - from a supermarket, no really - its
got lovely roots, bit of work and it'll be fine)
Now - indoor or outdoor? - I've been leaving it out recently in this
mild weather by should I bring it in soon? Also when should I re pot?

John
UK

Never try and keep a Chinese Elm indoors for long periods. I never bring
mine in. When the frosts come, I put a clear plastic bag over my tree.
Elms are quite tough trees, especially considering that they come from the
orient (and so are not used to such cold weather).

Liam

CIAO.CO.UK
*Get paid to review nearly anything!
*Get paid £1 - £5 to take part in each survey (2 - 3 surveys per month).
*Win cash prizes for your reviews.

Sign up below:
http://www.uk.ciao.com/reg.php?FriendId=5327057