GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Greenhouse humidifier (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/42137-%5Bibc%5D-greenhouse-humidifier.html)

Ben Griffin 04-09-2003 08:03 PM

[IBC] Greenhouse humidifier

So my first greenhouse just arrived :):):). To
overwinter my trees in. I already bought a fan and
window louvers automatic windows and heaters and all
that stuff. I was thinking of buying a humidifier
for it also. Is that necessary for an outdoor
greenhouse. I am not trying to grow tropicals out
there. Just overwinter my trees instead of a
coldframe and have easy protection for spring and
witner early and late frosts.

Ben

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

jerry Meislik 04-09-2003 08:16 PM

[IBC] Greenhouse humidifier

Ben,
I think you will find that the room will stay quite humid just from the
pots, soil and water.
I doubt you will need a humidifier.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
So my first greenhouse just arrived :):):). To
overwinter my trees in. I already bought a fan and
window louvers automatic windows and heaters and all
that stuff. I was thinking of buying a humidifier
for it also. Is that necessary for an outdoor
greenhouse. I am not trying to grow tropicals out
there. Just overwinter my trees instead of a
coldframe and have easy protection for spring and
witner early and late frosts.

Ben

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Thomas Stoute 04-09-2003 09:25 PM

[IBC] Greenhouse humidifier

Ben .. I think you'll find the water hose will work quite well for humidity I have to ask .. do they sell such a thing ' a humidifier for greenhouses' ?

peace,
tom stoute w/greenhouse growin tropicals
zone 8

Billy M. Rhodes 04-09-2003 10:10 PM

[IBC] Greenhouse humidifier

In a message dated 9/4/2003 3:56:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Ben .. I think you'll find the water hose will work quite well for humidity
I have to ask .. do they sell such a thing ' a humidifier for greenhouses'
?

Sure they do, usually it is a water adsorbent pad (can be made of Sphagnum
moss) that is placed in one end wall of the green house. Water is dripped over
the pad, collected at the bottom and reused. The vent fan at the other end
pulls air through the pad.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

chilli-seeds 17-09-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy M. Rhodes
writes:

Ben .. I think you'll find the water hose will work quite well for humidity
I have to ask .. do they sell such a thing ' a humidifier for greenhouses'
?

Sure they do, usually it is a water adsorbent pad (can be made of Sphagnum
moss) that is placed in one end wall of the green house. Water is dripped over
the pad, collected at the bottom and reused. The vent fan at the other end
pulls air through the pad.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Hi it's The Chilli Company here, we sell chilli seeds and hot products, we grow alot of our own chillis and this season has seen a massive rise in whitefly and we can't get rid of them, tried a chilli spray, soapy spray next season we want to install a greenhouse humidifier, so I hope they do sell them! So if anyone knows of a good make let us know please.
you can visit us @ http://www.chileseeds.co.uk to see what we are upto.

BUDDY 18-09-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Griffin
So my first greenhouse just arrived :):):). To
overwinter my trees in. I already bought a fan and
window louvers automatic windows and heaters and all
that stuff. I was thinking of buying a humidifier
for it also. Is that necessary for an outdoor
greenhouse. I am not trying to grow tropicals out
there. Just overwinter my trees instead of a
coldframe and have easy protection for spring and
witner early and late frosts.

Ben

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

this is an impressive green house add on ... a must for any greenhouse plant grower .....

http://fortyeight.net/lh.php?lXc=4338

Alan Walker 19-09-2005 03:15 PM

Do not go to the site below which was sent by "Buddy". It has
nothing to do with greenhouses.
I suspect it has nasties in it.

Alan Walker

So my first greenhouse just arrived :):):). To overwinter my
trees in. I already bought a fan and window louvers automatic
windows and heaters and all that stuff. I was thinking of
buying a humidifier for it also. Is that necessary for an
outdoor greenhouse. I am not trying to grow tropicals out there.
Just overwinter my trees instead of a cold frame and have easy
protection for spring and winter early and late frosts.
Ben

--
BUDDY

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++