Old 12-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Peter Donovan

Default Mimosa Tree

Hi everbody I have just found this group.
I have been got the bug for growing bonsai trees with some success from
seeds and cuttings.
Could some one help me on one problem tree it is a mimosa tree grown from
seed it is growing well indoors up to about the fourth branch it is about 5
" high.The problem is I do noy now when to stop the growth on this tree? it
is strong and sturdy but a bit stringy for want of a better name at the top.
Advice please when should I top it to promote better growth.
Peter UK

Old 13-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Squatter

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:20:17 +0100, Peter Donovan wrote:

Hi everbody I have just found this group.
I have been got the bug for growing bonsai trees with some success from
seeds and cuttings.
Could some one help me on one problem tree it is a mimosa tree grown from
seed it is growing well indoors up to about the fourth branch it is about 5
" high.The problem is I do noy now when to stop the growth on this tree? it
is strong and sturdy but a bit stringy for want of a better name at the top.
Advice please when should I top it to promote better growth.
Peter UK

What's the general climate requirement for this?

My Potted Mimosa Tree **Needing advice..... Jmichele Bonsai 3 30-06-2013 11:32 PM
Mimosa Tree Joyce Gardening 7 11-10-2011 01:43 PM
possibility of growing a mimosa tree in the UK? Phil L United Kingdom 18 25-08-2004 10:32 PM
Mimosa The Devil's Advocate United Kingdom 4 13-04-2003 10:20 PM
mimosa Derek Turner United Kingdom 0 29-10-2002 06:35 PM