GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Barberry Removal Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/43536-re-barberry-removal-question.html)

David J Bockman 20-09-2003 02:20 AM

Barberry Removal Question

The reason I ask Bob, is that old foundation plantings like this can often
make great bonsai, after a radical pruning of the trunk, branches, and
roots. I'll crosspost this to newsgroup rec.arts.bonsai... with any luck
you'll get free total removal and maybe someone will have some lovely bonsai
in a few years time........

Dave

"Bob Dierker" wrote in message
m...
"David J Bockman" wrote in message

.. .
Where are you located, Bob?

Dave

"Bob Dierker" wrote in message
om...
I have to remove about 2 dozen entrenched, 50-year-old barberry
bushes, and would appreciate any advice on how this should be done.
I'd like to replant in the same area, which makes me leery about
cutting them down to the roots and then applying chemicals.

Bob

Long Island, NY