GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Bonsai course for the disabled (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/44906-%5Bibc%5D-bonsai-course-disabled.html)

Peter Le Roux 06-10-2003 05:02 PM

[IBC] Bonsai course for the disabled

Hi Ian.

Here in Johannesburg, South Africa, there is a long tradition of blind
growers- the first handbook written on growing bonsai in south africa was
published in a braille edition (with microbubble embossed pictures and
photographs), and I have read several articles in local journals written by,
and about, blind growers. I know there is or was a blind grower active in
Pretoria, as well. One of the comments I have read from blind growers is
that growing bonsai enables them to appreciate trees and landscape in a way
that they would not otherwise be able to.

Peter le Roux
Benoni,south africa

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++