GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Larch air layering question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/45744-larch-air-layering-question.html)

neil 19-10-2003 08:22 PM

Larch air layering question

Hi all,

I recently picked up a very impressive looking larch at a local nursery but
it has a very bloated,bulbus graft.The joint iteslf is a good clean one with
no obvious edges but as far as training it as a bonsai is concerned the
bloated element of it ruins the flow of the trunk.

And so to the question,what's the story with air layering larch ?I mean is
it a easy or difficult tree to layer ?

The trunk itself is a good 21/2 to 3 " thick if that's relavent to it's
success.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Neil

---