GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] accents /accessories and kusamono (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/46459-%5Bibc%5D-accents-accessories-kusamono.html)

Harry L Abel 31-10-2003 11:12 PM

[IBC] accents /accessories and kusamono

Resurrection fern is Polypodium polypodioides (no wonder I
couldn't recall the species name.)

jim at al,
this is the tree growing species, usually found on the underside of oak
branches. the one that grows on rock is polypodium virginiana. same look, same
charactaristics, except it is a rock dweller.
a many footed, resembling a many footed.
fascinating
harry

we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty
God has created
http://www.shinkigen.com

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 01-11-2003 12:22 AM

"Harry L Abel" wrote in message
Resurrection fern is Polypodium polypodioides (no wonder I
couldn't recall the species name.)

jim at al,
this is the tree growing species, usually found on the

underside of oak
branches. the one that grows on rock is polypodium virginiana.

same look, same
charactaristics, except it is a rock dweller.
a many footed, resembling a many footed.
fascinating
harry

we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty
God has created
http://www.shinkigen.com

Hmm. They must have reclassified since my copy of "The Southern
Fern Guide" was written (1964). It lists only the one species
and says that it grows on trees and on rocks. In MY neighborhood
it grows along the top of live oak branches.

Anyway, it is a lovely little fern. I grow it around some of my
bald cypress bonsai (it grows just fine in mossy bonsai soil).

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - The phrase