GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Dwarf ALberta Spruce: Promoting root growth? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/47599-%5Bibc%5D-dwarf-alberta-spruce-promoting-root-growth.html)

Nicolas Steenhout 21-11-2003 01:43 PM

[IBC] Dwarf ALberta Spruce: Promoting root growth?

I know they don't make fantastic trees, and they need to be wired forever
and a day to work, and even so. Yet, I have a certain attraction for them.

In this case, Lynne has one in the garden that she wants to get rid of,
because a) she's allergic to it, as it turns out and b)most of the branches
on one side went kaput.

I have to remove it from the garden but was thinking that this could be an
interesting exercise to make a raft from it. Carl Rosner was telling me
that he tried a raft from a DAS but it never really rooted.

Has anyone done this successfully? What would you suggest I try to ensure
success?

Thanks for any feedback

Nic

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++